The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority operates the Ivy Materials Utilization Center (formerly known as the Ivy Landfill) located three miles south of I-64 on State Route 637 (Dick Woods Road). Residents may bring their own trash to the Ivy Materials Utilization Center, or contract with one of several private haulers who serve County residents. For solid waste information please visit the Rivanna Solid Waste Authority website.
PER ITEM TIPPING FEES ($):
- Tires (passenger vehicle) off-rim 6.00
- Tires (passenger vehicle) on-rim 13.00
- Tires (truck) off-rim 17.00
- Tires (truck) on-rim 33.00
- Appliances (non-freon) 9.00
- Appliances (freon) 17.00
PER TON TIPPING FEES ($):
- Municipal Solid Waste (Household Trash) 66.00
- Clean Fill Material 8.00
- Grindable Vegetative Material 48.00
- Pallets 48.00
- Sludge-Rivanna 8.00
- Non-Frenon Appliances 105.00
The hours of operation are Tuesday-Friday 7:30 A.M.- 4:00 P.M. and Saturday 8:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Call the Ivy Materials Utilization Center at 434-295-3306 for more information.
For more information about solid waste or recycling programs contact your trash hauler.
Additional information on solid waste can be found at the Department of Environmental Quality website.