Send Money to an Inmate
1. Money placed on an inmate’s canteen account can be used by the inmate to make phone calls to anyone they want
and purchase items.
2. However, money placed only on a telephone account will only permit the inmate to only call the person who set up the
account. (Please click here to visit the telephone section of this website for more information.)
3. To put money on a CANTEEN (so the inmate can buy approved chips, snacks and clothing etc.) and PHONES (so that
the inmate can call anyone they want.) There is no guarantee the inmate will call you. Inmates are not obligated to do
so even if you put money on their account. You need the inmate’s Canteen # (call the jail at 434-977-6981 ext 241
for the number)
a. DO this If you only want the inmate to make calls and purchase canteen.
b. No refunds are given if inmate’s pin number becomes compromised.
(Inmates must put in an Inmate Request Form to have their pin number changed)
c. When the inmate is released, any available balance goes to the inmate.
Here are your options:
1. Inmatedeposits.com or call them at 1-866-345-1884. (There is a fee – immediately
ii. Kiosk: (Cash, debit/credit card – only)
1. Inside ACRJ 24 hours/7 days/week. (There is a fee – immediately available)
2. The kiosk does not take $1 bills only $5 bills and up, STAFF WILL NOT HAVE CHANGE)
It is suggested that you break bills larger than $20 prior to attempting to place it on the
iii. Mail: (NO CASH. Money Order’s or Cashier’s Check only)
1. Do not include any other notes or photos etc. in the envelop – this does not go to the
inmate. It is simply placed on their account.
ACRJ – Inmate Canteen Fund
Care of (Inmate’s Full Name at Booking), Your ID #
P.O. Box 7626
Charlottesville, VA 22906
AT NO TIME WILL FUNDS BE TAKEN BY ACRJ STAFF IN PERSON FOR ANY REASON
For any additional questions or information, please contact:
434-977-6981 ext. 234