1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Introduction of Ronald Matthews, Jail Superintendent.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. Transportation Matters:
a. Presentation: Route 29H250 Study, Harrison Rue.
b. Discussion: Sunridge Road Improvement Project.
c. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 9:45 a.m. - ALS Ambulance Service – Route 29 North Corridor.
9. 10:05 a.m. – Presentation: 2004-2006 Department of Social Services Strategic Plan.
10:15 a.m. – Public Hearings:
10. An ordinance to amend Chapter 12, Regulated Enterprises, Division 1, Dance Halls, Section 12-201, Permits – Required; Applications and Section 12-202, Revocation of Permit, of the Albemarle County Code, to change the process of approving dance hall permits to an administrative process.
11. An ordinance to amend Chapter 11, Parks and Recreation Facilities, Article I, In General, Division 3, Conduct Within and Use of Parks, Section 11-109, Disorderly Conduct, Fireworks and Weapons Prohibited in Parks, of the Albemarle County Code, to repeal the prohibition against the carrying of firearms in County park facilities as required by Virginia Code Section 15.2-915, amended July 1, 2004.
12. Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment.
10:30 p.m. - Recess
13. 10:40 a.m. - Discussion: Economic Development.
14. 11:15 a.m. – Work Session: Groundwater Ordinance.
15. Closed Session: Personnel Matters.
16. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. – Public hearing:
18. SP-2004-008. Karin M. Gest (Sign #82). Request to allow private school for classroom driver training in accord w/Sec 126.96.36.199 of the Zoning Ord. This is an expansion of an existing classroom driver training use. TM 61Z3, P 202, contains .245 acs. Znd PUD. Loc on Incarnation Dr at intersect of Rt 1694 (Branchlands Blvd) & Rt 1427 (Hillsdale Dr). Rio Dist.
19. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
Room 235 - 3:00 p.m. - Work Session:
20. Subdivision Text Amendment.
21. Adjourn to July 14, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: February 4, March 5, April 14 and May 21, 2004.
6.2 Resolution establishing Petty Cash Funds.
6.3 Lanford Hills Drive Traffic Calming Inducements.
6.4 SP-2003-070. Gregory Gallihugh (defer to August 11, 2004)
6.5 Agreement between County and VDOT and Agreement between County and Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc., for construction and funding of Thomas Jefferson Parkway Project.
6.6 Requested FY 2004 Appropriations.
6.7 Personnel Policy (P-02) Revisions.
6.8 Dance Hall Permit Request for Kokopelli’s Café’.
6.9 Authorize County Executive to accept the University of Virginia’s request to prepay their pro-rata share
of the 800 MHz Radio System Financing.
6.10 VACO 2005 Legislative Packet.
6.11 Copy of letter dated June 8, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to John D. Griffin, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 48, Parcels 58 (property of John D. Griffin and Michele H. Griffin) Section 10.3.1.
6.12 Copy of letter dated June 8, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to William Downer, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 29, Parcels 36 (property of Estate of Gertrude F. Via) Section 10.3.1.
6.13 Copy of letter dated June 10, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Donna Cooper, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 94, Parcels 24 (property of Gertrude Y. Hart, George Yates, Jr., Hattie Scranage, Henry Yates ETAL) Section 10.3.1.
6.14 2003-2004 Child Assault Prevention (CAP) Project Annual Report.
6.15 Comparative Report of Local Government Revenues and Expenditures for the year ended June 30, 2003 as prepared by the Commonwealth of Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts.
6.16 Update on Nuisance Dogs.
6.17 Draft Planning Commission minutes for April 20, April 27, May 11 and May 25, 2004.
6.18 VDOT Monthly Report for July 2004.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|