1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. SP-2004-041. Crickets Baked Goods and Catering (Sign #33). Public hearing on a request to allow Home Occupation Class B for catering business in accord w/Sec 10.2.2.31 of the Zoning Ord, which allows for Home Occupations Class B. TM 105, P 46, contains 13.68 acs. Znd RA. Loc at 3047 Thomas Jefferson Pkway (Rt 53), E of the intersec of Thomas Jefferson Pkway & Buck Island Rd (Rt 729). Scottsville Dist.
7. ZTA-2004-03. Monticello Historic District (MHD). Public hearing on an Ordinance to establish new zoning district in Albemarle County pertaining to land uses & structures associated w/Monticello by amending Sec 4.15.8, Regulations applicable in the RA, VR, R-1 & R-2 Zoning Districts; amending Sec 7, Establishment of Districts; amending Sec 8.1, Intent; amending Sec 8.2, Relation of Planned Development Regulations to Other Zoning Regulations; amending Sec 8.3, Planned Development Defined; amending Sec 8.4, Where Permitted; & adding Sec 11, Monticello Historic District, MHD; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. The amendment to Sec 4.15.8 would add the MHD as a district subject to that Sec. The amendment to Sec 7 would add the MHD as a district subject to that Sec & re-order the list of zoning districts. The amendment to Sec 8.1 would add the MHD as a district subject to that Sec & revise the purposes of planned development districts. The amendment to Sec 8.2 would clarify when a waiver or modification of a requirement of Secs 4, 5 or 32 of the Zoning Ord could be obtained, & revise the findings required for granting a waiver or modification. The amendment to Sec 8.3 would revise the definition of “planned development district” to exempt planned historic districts such as the MHD from certain definitional criteria. The amendment to Sec 8.4 would allow planned historic districts such as the MHD that contain & pertain to a historic site to exist in the Rural Areas of the County as designated in the Comprehensive Plan. The addition of Sec 11 & its subparts would establish the MHD as a zoning district, state its intent & purpose, identify its status as a planned development district, & establish permitted uses & associated regulations applicable within the zoning district. The proposed MHD zoning district would allow uses specifically related to the operation of Monticello as a historic house museum & historic site, including visitor facilities; educational, research, & administrative facilities; temporary events; sales of products; cemeteries; concerts; & agricultural, residential uses, & other delineated uses similar to those permitted in the Rural Areas zoning district. The proposed district regulations also would require that development be preceded by an application plan approved by the County & otherwise be subject to Secs 4, 5, 8 & 32 of the Zoning Ord. The density for new residential development authorized in the MHD would be one dwelling unit per twenty-one acs.
8. ZMA-2004-05. Monticello Historic District (MHD) (Signs #38,39&41). Public hearing on a request to rezone approx 868 acs from RA to the Monticello Historic District (MHD) (reference ZTA-2004-03), to allow uses specifically related to the operation of Monticello as a historic house museum & historic site, including visitor facilities; educational, research & administrative facilities; temporary events; sales of products; cemeteries; concerts & agricultural, residential uses & other delineated uses similar to those permitted in the RA zoning district. The properties proposed for rezoning are within the vicinity of Monticello, S of I-64 & E of Rt 53, & are identified more particularly as follows: TM 78, Ps 22 (Monticello), 23, 25, 28A, 28B, 29; & TM 79, P 7A. (The Comp Plan designates these lands as RA 4, & the general usage for RA 4 is as follows: land uses supportive of the character of the rural area, including agricultural & forestal uses, land preservation, conservation, & resource protection. No density range is specified for RA 4. The density for new residential development authorized in the MHD district would be 1 du/21 acs.) Scottsville Dist.
9. ZTA-2004-006. Historic Center and Community Center. Public hearing on an Ordinance to amend Sec 3.1, Definitions; add Sec 5.1.42 Historical centers; & amend Sec 10.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 12.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 13.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 14.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 15.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 16.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 17.2.2, By special use permit, Sec 18.2.2, By special use permit, & Sec 19.3.2, By special use permit; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This Ord would amend Sec 3.1, Definitions, by amending the definition of “community center” & by adding a definition of “historical center”; add Sec 5.1.42, Historical centers, to establish supplementary regulations pertaining to the prerequisites for & the operation of historical centers including regulations concerning the size of new historical center structures & the rehabilitation of, or construction on, historic structures used for historical centers, minimum side yards & rear yards, requirements for site plans, items for display, primary & accessory uses, daily operations, special events & festivals; & amend Sec 10.2.2, By special use permit (Rural Areas-RA), Sec 12.2.2, By special use permit (Village Residential-VR), Sec 13.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-1), Sec 14.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-2), Sec 15.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-4), Sec 16.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-6), Sec 17.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-10), Sec 18.2.2, By special use permit (Residential-R-15), & Sec 19.3.2, By special use permit (Planned Residential Development-PRD) to allow historical centers, historical center special events, & historical center festivals within such zoning districts by special use permit.
10. ZTA-2005-002. Airport Impact Area Overlay District (AIA). Public hearing on an Ordinance to update references to maps designating the Airport Impact Area Overlay District (AIA) & the AIA’s Noise Impact Area & Protection Area, & make other associated changes by amending Sec 30.2.1, Intent, 30.2.2, Application, & 30.2.3, Definitions, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. The review & update of the Charlottesville–Albemarle Airport Master Plan has resulted in new maps that will establish revised boundaries of the AIA, the Noise Impact Area & the Airport Protection Area.
11. ZMA-2005-004. Airport Impact Area Overlay District (AIA). Public hearing on an Ordinance to amend Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code, would amend the zoning map to change the boundaries of the Airport Impact Area Overlay District (AIA), & the Noise Impact Area & Airport Protection Area within the AIA. The AIA exists for the purpose of minimizing the creation of physical, visual, & other obstructions to the safe operations of the airport facility & to minimize the adverse airport-related impact on persons & properties in the vicinity. The amended boundaries of the AIA District & Noise Impact Area are based on new maps resulting from the update of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Plan, affecting the following Ps within Albemarle County, identified by TM & P number: TM 19, Ps 19, 19B, 19C, 19D, 19E, 19F, 19I, 19J, 19K, 19L, 19W, 19X, 20, 20B, 22D, 22E, 23A, 24, 25, 29D, 30, 30A, 30B, 31B, 31D, 31E, 31E1, 32; TM 20, Ps 6A, 6A1, 6J, 6K, 6L, 6M, 6N, 6NN, 6Q, 6R, 6S, 6T, 6V, 6W, 6X, 13A, 15C, 15C1, 16, 16E, 16E1, 16E3, 16E4, 16E6, 16P, 18, 18A, 19, 19B, 19B1, 19C, 20, 21, 22; TM 21, Ps 3D1, 3E, 5, 11, 11A, 12, 12A, 12B, 12C, 12C1, 12C3, 12D, 13C, 13C1, 13C2, 13C3, 13C4, 13E, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 15C, 15D, 15E, 15F, 15G, 16, 16A, 16C, 16D, 18, 18F, 18G; TM 31, Ps 1, 56; & TM 33, Ps 1, 2, 2A, 4, 4A, 4B, 4C, 9, 9A, 10, 12, 12A, 12D, 12E, 21, 22B, 35A, 36, 37J & 37K. As a result of this proposed amendment to the zoning map, some Ps, or portions thereof, will be placed within the AIA, some will remain in the AIA but with the AIA’s boundaries changing, & some will remain in the AIA but with no boundary change. The Comprehensive Plan does not address the general usage & density of lands within the AIA, but are determined by the underlying plan designation. The Zoning Ord provides that the general usage & density ranges of lands within the AIA are as authorized by the underlying zoning district designation, except that buildings, structures, objects of natural growth & uses may not penetrate the AIA’s Airport Protection Area, generally only agricultural & open space uses are allowed in the AIA’s Safety Area, & buildings & structures within the AIA’s Noise Impact Area must be designed & constructed to meet acoustical performance standards.
12. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5.1. Approval of Minutes: January 5, January 19(A), March 3(A), March 14(A), and March 16, 2005.
5.2. Adopt Resolution of Appropriations for Albemarle County Operating and Capital Budgets for FY 2005/2006 and Resolution
of Official Intent for use of VPSA Bond Proceeds.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|