COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $806,085.28 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006037, #2006038, #2006039, #2006040, and #2006041 to provide funding for various General Government, Capital, School, and ECC Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
January 4, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $806,085.28. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 103,882.74
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 485,680.75
Education Fund $ 16,062.87
Education Programs/Grants $ 126,311.31
ECC $ 20,150.61
Capital Improvement Program $ 53,997.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 806,085.28
Local Revenues $ 146,790.61
State Revenues $ 3,231.33
Federal Revenues $ 166,659.66
General Fund Balance $ 37,500.00
Other Fund Balance $ 451,903.68
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 806,085.28
The budget amendment is comprised of fourteen (14) separate appropriations, nine (9) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved December 7, 2005:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006028) reappropriates $9,950.61 in unexpended funds for the CERT Grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006029) totaling $19,500.00 for three public safety grants;
· Four (4) appropriations (#2006030, #2006031, #2006032, and #2006033) totaling $88,507.40 for various education programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006034) reappropriates $26,747.00 in unexpended funds and appropriates $27,050.00 in additional funds within the General Government Vehicle Replacement Fund;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006035) in the amount of $7,000.00 for an Emergency Medical Services grant; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006036) distributing the salary contingency approved during the FY05/06 budget process.
The five (5) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006037) totaling $427,856.09 reappropriating funds for the Physical Fitness Equipment Grant;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006038 and #2006039) totaling $114,274.18 for various Education Donations and Programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006040) in the amount of $75,000.00 funding the fire services consolidation study; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006041) providing funding for the APCO Emergency Medical Dispatch system in the amount of $10,200.00
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $806,085.28 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006037, #2006038, #2006039, #2006040, and #2006041 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and ECC programs as described in Attachment A.
Return to regular agenda