1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Introduction - Dr. Phillip Dukes, Executive Director, Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA).
b. Proclamation - National Nurses Week - May 6-May 12, 2006.
c. Proclamation Clean Commute Day - May 5, 2006.
d. Proclamation Blue Star Salute Day - May 20, 2006.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report for April 2006.
b. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
10:15 a.m. - Update on Activities, Sheriff Ed Robb. (Removed
9. 10:30 a.m. Update on Draft Drought Response and Contingency Plan from RWSA.
10:45 a.m. Recess.
10. 11:00 a.m. Discussion: Podcasting of Board of Supervisors Meetings.
11. 11:15 a.m. - Preddy Creek Property Status Report, Pat Mullaney.
12. 11:45 p.m. Third Quarter Financial Report.
11:55 a.m. Break for County Day
13. 12:15 p.m. - Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
15. 1:50 p.m. - Boards and Commissions.
2:00 p.m. - Public hearings:
16. Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
17. Ordinance to amend Chapter 8, Licenses, Article VI, Schedule of Taxes, Division IV, Personal, Professional, Business or Repair Service Business, Occupations and Professions, of the Code of the County of Albemarle, Virginia, by amending Section 8-617, Retailers or retail merchants. The proposed ordinance would reduce the license tax from twenty cents ($0.20) for each one hundred dollars ($100.00) of gross receipts to ten cents ($0.10) for each one hundred dollars ($100.00) of gross receipts for sales made to a remote buyer ordering by telephone, internet, or mail in which the item(s) sold is/are shipped by common carrier or by the U.S. Postal Service. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2007.
18. SP-2005-034. Camp Watermarks (Signs #90,96). PROPOSED: Nature/agriculture camp, four weeks per year for local/urban children. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, & fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 18.104.22.168; 10.2.2.20; 5.1.05. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve & protect agricultural, forestal, open space, & natural, historic & scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/ acre). LOCATION: 1145 James River Drive, west of Route 726 & Hatton Ferry Road; TM 136, Parcels 6B, 9D, 9D1, 9E. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
19. SP-2005-035. Outdoor Furniture Display (Classic Furniture) (Signs #82,84). PROPOSED: Outdoor display of furniture in two approx 20' x 20' areas of the existing parking lot on the north side of the building. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: C1 Commercial/retail sales & service uses & residential uses by special use permit; EC Entrance Corridor/overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 22.214.171.124.b Special Use Permit, which allows for outdoor storage/display/sales associated with permitted uses, when visible from an EC street. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Community Service - community-scale retail, wholesale, business & medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services, & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). LOCATION: TM 61M/Parcel 2; 460 Premier Circle; on the west side of Seminole Trail (Route 29 North) across from Branchlands Blvd. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
20. SP-2006-03. American Cancer Society, Pink Ribbon Polo (Signs #42,47). PROPOSED: Annual polo match, benefits American Cancer Society. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal & fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: Section 31.2.4, 10.2.2.42, 5.1.27. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space & natural, historic & scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre). LOCATION: King Family Winery, 6640 Roseland Farm, Crozet; TM 55 Parcels 80, 81. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
21. 3:00 p.m. - Places29 Master Plan Update, Lee Catlin.
22. 3:30 p.m. - Work Session: Strategic Planning Economic Vitality.
23. 4:15 p.m. - Annual Housing Report, Ron White.
24. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
25. Adjourn to May 10, 2006, 3:00 p.m.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: November 2, 2005 and January 4, 2006.
6.2 Resolution to Authorize County Executive to Accept Deeds of Easement for Drainage and Stormwater Management Facilities.
6.3 Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) Ranking Order for FY 2005-06
6.4 Stony Point Volunteer Fire Department Capital Request.
6.5 Resolution to authorize County Executive to execute water and sewer easements Albemarle County Service Authority.
6.6 Virginia Outdoor Fund (VOF) Grant for Mint Springs Fishing Accessibility Project.
6.7 Comparative Report of Local Government Revenues and Expenditures for Year Ended June 30, 2005, as prepared by the Commonwealth of Virginia, Auditor of Public Accounts (on file in Clerk's office).
6.8 Board-to-Board, communication report of activities from the Albemarle County School Board.
6.9 Copy of draft minutes of the Planning Commission for April 11, 2006.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|