1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Presentation of Albemarle County Sheriff's Reaccreditation Plaque, Sheriff Robb.
b. Proclamation recognizing National Philanthropy Day.
5. From the Public: Matters not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:20 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report.
c. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 9:45 a.m. - Discussion: Proposed amendment to Firearms Ordinance (deferred from September 6, 2006).
9. 10:20 a.m. – Crozet Advisory Council Update, Mary Rice.
10:30 a.m. - RECESS
10. 10:40 a.m. - Northern Fire/Rescue Station Review and Update.
11. 11:15 a.m. - Human Services Investments Report.
12. 11:30 a.m. - 2006 Water Quality Assessment list of impaired waters, Presentation by Mr. James Shiflet, Regional Water Resources Planner from DEQ’s Valley Regional Office.
13. 11:45 a.m. - Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
16. Ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 15-704, Persons Eligible for Exemption, to provide tax exemptions to more taxpayers by increasing the total combined income cap from $30,000 to $50,000 and the net combined financial worth cap from $90,000 to $125,000, and that amends Section 15-705, Amount of Exemption, by adjusting the sliding scale for the amount of real estate tax exempted based upon the amended total combined income and net combined financial worth factors.
17. Ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, Section 15-601, Property Exempt from Taxation by Classification, to amend and reestablish a class of property owned by hospitals conducted not for profit that may qualify for exemption from County property taxes.
18. ZMA-2006-010 Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (Sign #39): PROPOSAL: Rezone 2.00 acre portion of 11.451 parcel from LI - Light Industrial zoning district which allows industrial, office, and limited commercial (no residential) uses to RA - Rural Areas zoning district which allows agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses and residential density of 0.5 units per acre to allow new church under Special Use Permit. LOCATION: Earlysville Road between Route 606 (Dickerson Road), Walnut Hills Subdivision. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
19. SP-2006-024. Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (Sign #39): PROPOSED: New church building. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: LI - Light Industrial - industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use); Airport Impact Area. SECTION: 10.2.2 (35). LOCATION: Earlysville Road between Route 606 (Dickerson Road), Walnut Hills Subdivision. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
20. ZMA-2006-007. Hollymead Town Center, Area B Proffer Amendment (Signs #80,86,87): PROPOSAL: To amend approved proffers on land that is zoned PDMC: Planned Development Mixed Commercial - large-scale commercial uses; and residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre). No dwelling units are proposed. LOCATION: West of Route 29 between Town Center Drive and Timberwood Boulevard. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
3:15 p.m. – Presentation
21. Discussion: Crozet Library – Site Selection.
22. 4:00 p.m. – JOINT MEETING WITH SCHOOL BOARD – Room 235
a. Discussion: Revenue Projections/Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Overview.
b. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
23. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to November 29, 2006, 10:00 a.m., for Joint Transit Work Session with Charlottesville City Council.
6.1 FY 2007 Appropriations.
6.2 FY 2005-06 ACE appraisals; Resolution accepting FY 2004-05 landowners offers to sell conservation easement.
6.3 Whittington PRD Amendment - Request to set public hearing to amend the Jurisdictional Area Boundary to provide sewer service to Tax Map 89, Parcel 95 and Tax Map 90, Parcels 3, 45, 46, 47, and 48 located on Old Lynchburg Road (Route 631) approximately 1 ¼ miles south of the intersection of Old Lynchburg Road and Interstate 64.
6.4 Red Hill Community Well - Request to set public hearing to amend the Jurisdictional Area Boundary to provide water service to Tax Map 87B, Parcels 4, 4A, 6, 6A, 6B, 7, 7A, 8, and 10, located on Taylors Gap Road (Route 710) and Tax Map 87B, Parcels 9, 10A, 11, 12, 60, 60A, 60B, and 61 located on Red Hill School Road (Route 760).
6.5 Airport Property – Request to set public hearing to amend the Jurisdictional Area Boundary to provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 31, Parcel 27A located in on the west side of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport property in the Hollymead Development Area.
6.6 Request to set a public hearing to amend the County Code, Section 4-213, to add Section One of Corville Farm Subdivision as an area where it is unlawful for the owner of any dog to permit such dog to run at large.
6.7 FY 2006 Budget Appropriations.
6.8 Letter dated October 3, 2006, from Walter J. Kucharski, Auditor of Public Accounts, Commonwealth of Virginia, to the Honorable Dennis S. Rooker, re: review of Commonwealth collections and remittances of the Director of Finance and Sheriff of the County of Albemarle for the year ended June 30, 2006.
6.9 Preddy Creek Trail Park – Comprehensive Plan Compliance Review.
6.10 Copies of Planning Commission minutes for June 27, August 29, September 5 and September 12, 2006.
6.11 Board to Board, Communications report of activities from the Albemarle County School Board, dated November 1, 2006.
6.12 Crozet Community Advisory Council’s Economic Development Position Paper.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|