1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Certificates of Appreciation for Boards/Committees.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. - Information Items
8. Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
9. ACSA/RWSA Updates, Gary Fern and Tom Frederick.
10. Commission on Children and Families (CCF) Annual Report.
11:00 a.m. – Action Items
11. Local Government Resource Management Review: Scope of Work.
12. Open Burning of Debris Waste.
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
15. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
16. a. VDOT Monthly Report/Advance Mills Bridge Update.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. - Public Hearings:
17. Elections-Central Absentee Voter Precinct. To consider the adoption of an ordinance to amend section 2-107, Central absentee voter election district, of Article I, Elections, of Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would change the central absentee voter precinct from the Albemarle County Office Building at 401 McIntire Road to the Albemarle County Office Building at 1600 5th Street.
18. PROJECT: ZMA-2006-008. Berkmar Business Park. PROPOSAL: Rezone 5.67 acres from R-6 zoning district which allows residential uses and up to 6 units per acre to Neighborhood Model District (NMD) for up to 275,000 square feet of commercial use and up to 190 units. NMD allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Regional Service - regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood One. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Along the east side of Berkmar Drive between Woodbrook Drive and Hilton Heights Drive north of Planet Fun. TAX MAP/PARCELS: Tax Map 45, Parcels 112, 112 E, and a portion of 112G. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
19. PROJECT: SP-2008-012. Embarq-Verizon Wireless-Tier III PWSF. PROPOSAL: Co-location of a personal wireless service facility on an existing tower. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: CO, Commercial Office; Industrial SECTION: 23.2.2  Special Use Permit, which allows for Tier III personal wireless service facilities in the CO Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE: Office Service uses in Urban Area 2. LOCATION: South side of Rio Road East [State Route 631], approximately 1/8 mile east of the intersection with Route 29 North, and near Fashion Square Mall. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 61, Parcel 129C. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
20. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: November 14, 2007; and January 14(A), February 6, and May 14, 2008.
7.2 Resolution of the Industrial Development Authority of Albemarle County, Virginia, authorizing the issuance of up to $30,000,000 revenue bonds for the purpose of St. Anne’s-Belfield, Inc.
7.3 Requested FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.4 Resolution to approve the County’s participation in the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Revenue Sharing Program for FY 2009.
7.5 Resolution designating Byrom and Preddy Creek properties as public parks.
7.6 Agreement between River Heights Associates, Z & S Development Corporation and the County to convey real estate located on Tax Map 45, Parcel 69 in fee simple and to convey an easement across Tax Map 45, Parcel 68D to satisfy Proffers 6, 7 and 8 of ZMA-89-23 and authorize County Executive to sign Agreement.
7.7 Authorize County Executive to execute Memorandum of Understanding with the Albemarle County Sheriff.
7.8 Darden Towe Park Committee, request to set public hearings to receive public input on tennis and softball lighting.
7.9 Resolution to accept road(s) in Deerwood Subdivision, Phase 4, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.10 Proffer Management – FY 08 3rd Quarter Cash Proffer Report
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|