February 5, 2008
1400 Owensville Road
Charlottesville, Va 22901
RE: SP2007-00047 Graceworks Expansion (Sign # 56)
Tax Map 58, Parcel 82
Dear Ms. Baker:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on January 15, 2008, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors by a vote of 7:0.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. A maximum of 10 children shall be allowed on the site at any time.
2. A minimum of three adults shall supervise the children at all times.
3. The children shall be transported to and from the property as a group. The pick up and drop off of individual children shall not be permitted except for medical, family and weather-related emergencies.
4. The days of operation shall be limited to four days per week, Monday through Thursday, and the hours of operation shall be limited to 2:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. on the days of operation.
5. Expansion of the facilities for the private school shall require an amendment to this special use permit.
Prior to all earth
disturbing Prior to all earth disturbing activities 10,000 square feet or
greater, and/or for the excavation of a pond, and/or for the construction of a
dam, an Erosion & Sediment permit shall be required. Within
thirty (30) days after the date of approval of Special Use Permit 2007-00047,
the applicant shall submit a schematic concept plan of the property (the “Plan”)
in a form acceptable to the Director of Planning that shows the existing and
proposed locations of the improvements and activity areas of the school and the
existing and proposed locations of agricultural activities not related to the
school, including agricultural ponds, lakes, dams and roads. The improvements,
scale and location of the improvements and activity areas authorized by Special
Use Permit 2007-00047 shall be in general accord with the Plan. However, the
Zoning Administrator may approve revisions to the Plan to allow compliance with
the Zoning Ordinance.
View Executive Summary and attachments
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on February 13, 2008.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.