1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Miller School Fire Fighting Efforts.
b. Digital Government Award.
c. Bob Willingham, County Assessor.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
10:00 a.m. – Action Items:
8. Jail Inmate Reentry Initiative Program, Ronald Matthews, Superintendent, Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail.
9. Request to Seek Enabling Legislation to Establish a Regional Transit Authority in the Charlottesville-Albemarle Area.
10:30 a.m. – Information/Presentation Items:
10. Region Ten Community Services Board, Robert Johnson, Executive Director.
11. Historic Preservation Committee Update.
11:00 a.m. – Public Hearings:
12. Abandonment of right-of-way in Section III of Brookwood Subdivision. Consider abandonment of 50-foot right-of-way under Virginia Code § 33.1-157 et seq., dedicated to the County on the subdivision plat of Section III of the Brookwood subdivision, recorded in the Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court of the County of Albemarle at Deed Book 601, page 311. The right-of-way intended to be vacated is not in the state-maintained system of secondary highways and is located along the forested boundary between the residential properties known as 5553 and 5559 Brookwood Road in the Crozet area of the White Hall Magisterial District.
13. FY 2009 Budget Amendment.
14. Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
17. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. - Work Sessions:
18. 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Economic Development Policy Comprehensive Plan Amendment.
19. 3:45 p.m. – Five Year Financial Plan.
21. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
22. Adjourn to November 7, 2008, 1:00 p.m., Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: September 5, September 28, October 11 and October 19, 2007; and March 10, 2008.
7.2 Fiscal Year 2009 County of Albemarle & State Health Department Local Government Agreement.
7.3 Route 640 (Turkey Sag Road) – Abandonment and Addition of Road Segments.
7.4 Abandonment and Addition of Road Segments - Earlysville Road (Route 743) and Dickerson Road (Route 606) and Rio Mills Road (Route 643).
7.5 Acquisition of Garnett and Other FY 2007-08 Class ACE Easements.
7.6 Set public hearing to consider proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, Article I, In General, and Article IV, County Vehicle Licenses to eliminate the County vehicle decal requirement.
7.7 Petty Cash Resolution to amend Petty Cash Fund for Hollymead and Monticello Fire Stations.
7.8 Leahs Lane Road Name Change to Ronins Way.
7.9 Reas Creek Drive Road Name Change to Golf Drive.
7.10 Resolution of the Economic Development Authority of Albemarle County, Virginia, authorizing the issuance of up to $23,100,000 in revenue bonds for The University of Virginia Health Services Foundation.
7.11 Historic Crozet Streetscape Enhancement Project – Phase 2, Authorize County Executive to sign revised Dominion Power Agreement for relation of utility lines on Crozet Avenue.
7.12 Resolution to accept roads in Mosby Mountain Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.13 FY 2008 End-of-Year Preliminary Financial Report.
7.14 Cancel Board of Supervisors’ December 10, 2008 meeting.
7.15 Board-to-Board Monthly Communications Report from School Board, November, 2008.
7.16 Copy of application of Virginia Electric and Power Company: Notification to the Commission of Election to Abandon the Company’s Bidding Program and Application to Revise its Cogeneration Tariff Pursuant to PURPA Section 210, Case No. PUE-2008-00078. (on file in Clerk's office)
7.17 Copy of letter dated October 16, 2008, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Donna R. DeLoria, Esq., Payne & Hodous, LLP, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 123, Parcels 4 & 7, Scottsville Magisterial District (property of Murcielago, LLC) Section 10.3.1.
7.18 Copy of letter dated October 22, 2008, from the Honorable Governor Timothy M. Kaine, to the Honorable Ed Schafer, Secretary of Agriculture, re: designation of localities as disaster areas due to drought and heat for crop year 2008.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|