4:00 P.M. – JOINT MEETING WITH SCHOOL BOARD – ROOM 241
1. Call to Order.
2. Discussion: Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Plan Changes.
3. From the Boards: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6:00 P.M. – REGULAR NIGHT MEETING – LAND AUDITORIUM
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. Update from Chiefs, Chief Tim Cersley, ACFRAB (deferred from June 2, 2010).
8. Appeal: ARB-2010-02. Singleton (AT&T). Request for approval of a treetop personal wireless service facility with a steel/metal monopole that would be approximately 69 feet tall (10 feet above the height of the reference tree), within a 20 x 30 foot lease area. This application is being made in accordance with section 12.2.1. (16) of the Zoning Ordinance which allows for Tier II personal wireless service facilities by right in the (VR) Village Residential zoning district. The site is located on 2856 Morgantown Road [State Route 738] approximately 600 feet from the intersection of Morgantown Road [State Route 738] and Ivy Road [State Route 250]. The property, described as Tax Map 58A1 Parcel 40F1, is 2.089 acres in size, and is located in the Samuel Miller Magisterial District. The Comprehensive Plan designates the property as Rural Area in Rural Area 3.
9. SP-2009-00029. Charlottesville Kingdom Hall (Sign #16). PROPOSED: Modify layout of approved plan (SP2008-057) to include a new building and parking lot location. No residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R-2 residential - 2 units per acre and R-4 Residential - 4 units/acre. SECTION: Sections 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 of the Zoning Ordinance which allow for Churches. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses in Neighborhood 5. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 665 Old Lynchburg Road (Route 631), at the intersection of Old Lynchburg Road and Sunset Avenue Extended. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 76/51. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10. SP-2009-00035. St. Anne's Playing Field (Signs #38,42&45). PROPOSED: Allow playing field, spectator area, and overflow parking on 13.5 acres. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R-1. SECTION: 126.96.36.199 which allows private schools by Special Use Permit. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood density residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses in Neighborhood 7. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 1600 feet from the intersection of Faulconer Drive and the Ivy Road/Rt 250 off ramp from the 250 Bypass. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of TMP 60-24. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
11. ZMA- 2009-00004. National College Relocation (Sign #4). PROPOSED: Rezone 6.34 acres from R-1, Residential zoning district which allows residential (1 unit/acre) to LI - Light Industrial - industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use) to allow relocation of business college facilities. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Industrial Service-warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and Neighborhood Density Residential-residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses, in the Community of Hollymead. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 3926 Seminole Trail, Charlottesville, VA, approximately 1100 feet south of the intersection with Lewis & Clark Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 32-22L1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
12. CPA-2005-010 – Places29 Master Plan. PROPOSED: Amend the Land Use Plan section of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by replacing the existing profiles of Neighborhood 1, Neighborhood 2, the Community of Hollymead and the Community of Piney Mountain with the Places29 Master Plan, which establishes new land use policies, guidelines, recommendations, goals and strategies for future development within the master plan area, which may include lands beyond those described in the existing neighborhood and community profiles. The master plan would establish the following for the master plan area: a vision for the area and guiding principles; land use designations and place types such as neighborhood service centers, community centers, destination centers, uptown, mixed use areas, employment areas and residential areas; a plan for the transportation network and its integration with the land uses; a plan for providing and supporting community facilities and services; design guidelines for the entrance corridors and boundaries; and a plan for implementing the master plan.
13. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 Approval of Minutes:
6.2 Resolution requesting traffic control on Rio Mills Road.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|