1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Barbara Barrett, Region Ten Community Services Board.
b. 2010 Digital Government Award.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. 9:35 a.m. – VDoT Report, Karen Kilby, Programming/Investment Management Director.
9:45 a.m. – Action Items:
9. Appeal of Deputy Zoning Administrator’s Determination of Route 29 LLC’s ZMA2007-001 Proffer Violation regarding the Willow Glen Connection Right-of-Way Dedication.
10. Amendment of the Local Government Support Agreement between the City of Charlottesville, the County or Albemarle, and the Rivanna Solid Waste Authority.
11. 2011 Legislative Priorities.
12. Economic Vitality Action Plan (deferred from July 14, 2010).
13. Reconsideration of Zoning Ordinance Fees (ZTA-2009-017), Mark Graham.
14. Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
17. PROJECT: SP-2009-00030. Greenbrier Emergency Animal Hospital (Sign #25). PROPOSED: Request to amend SP 91-52 to extend veterinary services clinic hours and expand the space in the existing building on the site. No residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: C-1 Commercial - retail sales and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/ acre) and primarily HC Highway Commercial - commercial and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/ acre) SECTION: Sections 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 of the Zoning Ordinance which allows for veterinary office and hospital uses. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Community Service - community-scale retail wholesale, business and medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 1. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 370 Greenbrier Dr. Approximately 675 feet west of the intersection of Greenbrier Drive and Route 29 (Seminole Trail).TAX MAP/PARCEL: 61W, Section 1, Block A, Parcel 5. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
18. PROJECT: ZMA-2008-000003. Albemarle Place (Sign #58,65&67). PROPOSAL: Rezone 64.694 acres from Neighborhood Model (NMD) zoning district which allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses to Neighborhood Model (NMD) to amend the original proffers; and rezone 0.3404 acres from Commercial (C-1) retail sales and service uses to Neighborhood Model (NMD) with the proffers. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Regional Service - regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 1. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: in the northwest corner Hydraulic Road (Rt. 743) and Seminole Trail (US 29) in Neighborhood 1. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061W0-03-00-019A0, 061W0-03-00-019B0, 061W0-03-00-02300, 061W0-03-00-02400, 061W0-03-00-02500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
19. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
20. Adjourn to August 11, 2010, 4:00 p.m., Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: April 24(A), May 5, May 10(A), and June 30(A), 2010.
7.2 FY 2010 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.3 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.4 Resolution of the County of Albemarle, Virginia, Seeking Action By the General Assembly and Governor to Prohibit all Predatory, Usurious Lending Practices in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
7.5 Resolution of the County of Albemarle Relating to the Support of the Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission.
7.6 Board of Supervisors’ June 30, 2010 Strategic Plan Strategy Session Report.
7.7 FY 2010 Fourth Quarter Cash and Non-Cash Proffer Report.
7.8 Update of the County’s Land Use Revalidation Program.
7.9 EMS Cost Recovery Program Update.
7.10 2010 Sales Tax Update.
7.11 Copy of letter dated July 14, 2010, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, to Mr. Lester J. Clements, Laird & Company, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD BOUNDARY -- Tax Map 99, Parcel 37(“A”) (Property of Laird & Company) Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
7.12 Copy of letter dated July 14, 2010, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, to J. D. Catlett, Sr., re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 136, Parcel 27C (Property of J. D. Catlett, et al) Scottsville Magisterial District.
7.13 Copy of letter dated July 14, 2010, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, to Alan B. Howard, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 50, Parcels 41A, 41Q, 42A & 43 (Property of Alan B. Howard) Rivanna Magisterial District.
7.14 VDOT, Culpeper District Monthly Report, for Albemarle County.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|