4:00 P.M. – Room 241
1. Call to Order.
2. Work Session: Budget Funding Allocations.
6:00 P.M. , REGULAR NIGHT MEETING – LANE AUDITORIUM
4. Call to Order.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
a. Proclamation Recognizing the 90th Anniversary of Women Obtaining the Right to Vote and Recognizing August 26, 2010 as Women's Equality
8. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
10. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
11. Public Hearing to receive comments on an ordinance to amend Chapter 6, Fire Protection, Article I, In General, of the Albemarle County Code. The ordinance would establish a coordinated fire and rescue system, encompassing the County’s volunteer and career memberships, under the direction of a fire and rescue chief. Section 6-100 regarding the office of the fire marshal and section 6-102 regarding the Junior Firefighters Program would be renumbered and updated to further clarify their responsibilities and to conform with State Code. Section 6-101 regarding precautions to prevent the spread of fire and related penalties would be repealed because this provision is set forth in Virginia Code § 10.1-1142, which may be enforced by the Fire Marshal without an ordinance.
12. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
10.1 Approval of Minutes: May 5, 2010.
10.2 Resolution: Proposed Plan of Financing for Martha Jefferson Hospital and MJH Foundation.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|