1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Fair Housing Month Proclamation.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. 9:30 a.m. - Quarterly Updates:
a. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority, Tom Frederick.
b. Resource Management Review Quarterly Report.
c. VDoT, Karen Kilby.
10:30 a.m. - Work Sessions:
9. Review of Road Improvement Priorities for Primary and Secondary Roads and VDOT Six Year Construction Program.
10. 2011 Proposed Redistricting Plan Options.
11. Action Item: Community Development Work Program.
12. Closed Meeting.
13. Certify Closed Meeting.
14. Boards and Commissions:
1:30 p.m. – Action Items:
15. Set Calendar Year 2011 Tax Levy.
16. Adoption of FY 2011/2012 Operating and Capital Budgets.
17. Request to amend the jurisdictional areas of the Albemarle County Service Authority for water service to Tax Map 62, Parcel 28A, for John Vermillion, located on the corner Stony Point Road (Route 20) and Cason Farm Road, approximately 1 mile north of the intersection of Stony Point Road (Route 20) and US 250. Rivanna Magisterial District.
18. PROJECT: SP-2010-000023. Westminster Canterbury Apartments - Parking Structure (Signs #56:). PROPOSED: Parking Structure. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: PRD - Planned Residential Development - PRD Planned Residential District, which allows residential (3-34 units/acre) with limited commercial uses. SECTION: 19.3.2(7) Parking Structure. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Urban Density Residential - residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses, Greenspace and Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development density) in Neighborhood 3. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: This facility is proposed in the Westminster Canterbury Development which is located on the north side of Richmond Road (US Route 250) approximately 1,000 feet east of State Farm Blvd. (Rt 1117). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 78-55A6. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
19. PROJECT: SP-2010-00028. Charlottesville KOA (Sign #72). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit to bring an existing campground into compliance with the Zoning Ordinance and to add six cabins. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2 (20) Day camp, boarding camp. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 3825 Red Hill Road (Rt. 708) approx. one mile northwest of Scottsville Road (Rt 20S) junction. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 101000000052A1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
20. Request from Charlottesville KOA Campground for central water and sewer systems.
21. PROJECT: SP-2010-0058. Charlottesville Power Equipment (Signs #109n). PROPOSED: To establish outdoor storage, display and/or sales of power equipment in the Entrance Corridor (EC) Overlay District. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Highway Commercial (HC) - commercial and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/acre) in Urban Area Neighborhood 2; Entrance Corridor (EC) - overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 30.6.3 (a)(2) which allows outdoor storage, display and/or sales in the Entrance Corridor (EC) Overlay District by special use permit. No residential units are proposed. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Community Service - community-scale retail, wholesale, business and medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: At the northwest corner of the intersection of Rio Road East (Rt. 631) with Putt Putt Place. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06100-00-00-124F0. MAGISERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
22. PROJECT: ZTA -2009-00016. Monticello Historic District (MHD). Amend Secs. 11.1, Intent and purpose, where permitted, and 11.3.1, By right uses, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 11.1 to include a statement pertaining to usual and customary uses within the MHD considering the unique nature of the district; and amend Sec. 11.3.1 by amending subsection (24) to delete the restrictions on the number of persons and required purposes for occupying the Monticello scholar residences, and by adding subsection (25) to allow special events by which attendance is permitted by invitation or reservation for up to 3 consecutive days.
23. PROJECTS: SP-2010-00035. Blue Ridge Swim Club - Day Camp, Boarding Camp and SP-2010-00041. Blue Ridge Swim Club (Sign #78). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit for a summer camp that would allow overnight stays; continue existing swimming pool use for members; and allow special events and concession sales on 13.206 acres. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2 (20) Day camp, boarding camp (reference 5.1.05); Section 10.2.2(4) Swim, golf, tennis or similar athletic facilities (reference 5.1.16); Section 10.2.2(5) Special Events (reference 5.1.43). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 1275 Owensville Rd. (Rt. 678), north of Holkham Dr. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 058000000075A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
24. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: November 5(A), December 15(A) and December 21(A), 2010.
7.2 Citizen Proposed Resolution of Intent to Amend the Zoning Ordinance to Allow Domesticated Pigs in Residential Districts.
7.3 FY2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.4 FY11 Second Quarter Financial Report.
7.5 Update on Regional Cooperation Committees: Departments of Social Services and Fire/Rescue, and to Review the Revenue Sharing/Annexation Agreement and Local Composite Index.
7.6 Resolution Urging Revenue Stream and Dedicated Revenue Source for the Intercity Passenger Rail Operating and Capital Fund.
7.7 Resolution to Accept Road(s) in West End at Western Ridge Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.8 Set public hearing for May 4, 2011 to consider an Amendment to County Code, Appendix A.1, Acquisition of Conservation Easements Program (ACE).
7.9 EMS Cost Recovery Program Update.
7.10 Albemarle County Service Authority Quarterly Report.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|