1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:30 a.m. – Action Items:
8. Board Agenda Process.
9. Development of the County’s FY 12/13 – FY 17/18 Strategic Plan.
10:10 a.m. - Presentations:
10. 10:10 a.m. - Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
11. 10:30 a.m. - Inmate Workforce Update, Sheriff Chip Harding.
12. 10:50 a.m. - Crozet Library Construction Documents update.
13. 11:10 a.m. - Transit Development Plan, Bill Watterson, Manager, Charlottesville Area Transit.
14. Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
17. ZTA-2011-00001. Unlicensed Wireless Broadband Internet Access. Amend Sec. 3.1, Definitions, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 3.1 by adding facilities for unlicensed wireless broadband internet access to the definition of “personal wireless service facility.”
18. ZTA-2011-0003. Special Lots. Amend Sec. 3.1, Definitions, and Sec. 4.2.1, Building site required, and add Secs. 2.1.7, Creation and use of special lots, and 4.3.02, Special lots, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would add Sec. 2.1.7 to provide that the requirements for the creation of a lot shall not apply to special lots but that the requirements for the use, and the location of a structure or improvements on, a lot shall apply to special lots; amend Sec. 3.1 by adding a definition of “special lots,” which are lots created for uses serving specific delineated public purposes; amend Sec. 4.2.1 to provide that special lots do not require a building site; and add Sec. 4.3.02 to provide that special lots of any size may be created in all zoning districts.
19. STA-2011-00001. Special Lots. Amend Sec. 14-106, Definitions, Sec. 14-203, Fees, Sec. 14-209, Rural subdivisions; procedure; Sec. 14-302, Contents of preliminary plat, Sec. 14-303, Contents of final plat, Sec. 14-310, Health director approval of individual private wells and/or septic systems, and add Sec. 14-208.3, Special lots, of Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 14-106 by renaming the term “non-building lot” to “special lot” and amending the definition, and changing the reference to non-building lots in the definition of “remnant”; amend Sec. 14-203 to establish a fee of $88.00 for a plat creating a special lot; add Sec. 14-208.3 to identify the regulations applicable to a plat creating a special lot; amend Sec. 14-209 to provide that special lots will be processed the same way rural subdivisions are processed; amend Sec. 14-302 to refer to special lots; amend Sec. 14-303 to require a notation on a plat referring to the special lot; and amend Sec. 14-310 to provide a conditional exemption for special lots from the requirements of that section. The proposed fee for special lots is necessary to assure that the cost to the County to review applications for special lots is covered. The proposed fee is authorized by Virginia Code § 15.2-2241(9).
20. ZTA-2011-00004. Fees. Amend Sec. 35.1, Fees, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 35.1 by reducing the fee for special use permits for farmers’ markets from $2000 to $490 (without an existing approved commercial entrance) and $110 (with an existing approved commercial entrance); by deleting the requirement to pay for postage in addition to the fee; by eliminating the fee for published notice for special use permits for farmers’ markets; by reducing the fee for notices provided to abutting properties upon receipt of applications for farm sales, farm stands, farmers’ markets and major or minor home occupations from $200 to a lesser fee; by reducing the fee for minor site plan amendments known as letters of revision from $500 to $100; and by clarifying that the fees for published notice shall be based on a cost quote from the publisher. The proposed fees are authorized by Virginia Code §§ 15.2-2241(9) and 15.2-2286(A)(6).
21. 10-03( ) – Agricultural and Forestal Districts Ordinance to amend Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code, to add lands to certain districts and to make corrections to certain district ordinances to identify all those tax map parcels within the districts, as specified below:
a. AFD-2011-00001. Hatton AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-215, Hatton Agricultural and Forestal District, to continue the district for all parcels identified in the ordinance, and set the next district review deadline date of June 1, 2021. It would also identify TMPs 135-22C, 135-22C1, 135-22C2 and 136-9 as being in the district (these parcels were created from parcels already in the district), and would remove any parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance.
b. AFD-2011-00002. Totier Creek AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-227, Totier Creek Agricultural and Forestal District, to continue the district for all parcels identified in the ordinance, and set the next district review deadline date of June 1, 2021. It would also identify TMPs 121-70A, 121-70B, 121-70D, 121-70E, 134-3A, 134-3B, 134-3C, 134-3D, 134-3E, 134-3F, 134-3G, 134-3H, 134-3I, 134-3J, 134-3K and 134-3L as being in the district (these parcels were created from parcels already in the district), would identify 129-9 as being in the district (this parcel is in the district but was inadvertently deleted from Section 3-227 in a prior ordinance), would show TMPs 121-70 and 134-19 as no longer existing (land from these parcels was distributed to other parcels in the district), and would remove TMP 135-11 from the district, and any other parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance.
22. ZMA-2010-00009. Republic Capital Amendment (Sign #86). PROPOSAL: Rezoning of a 20.54 acre site zoned LI Light Industry and HI Heavy Industry, which allows industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use), to amend proffers. No residential units are proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Industrial Service - warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Located on west side of Route 29N, at the intersection with Northside Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03200000002200. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to June 2, 2011, 9:00 a.m., Monticello Fire Station.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: November 3, 2010 and January 12, 2011.
7.2 DEQ Loan for Water Resources Projects - Resolution approving the structure and execution of various funding agreements with the Virginia Resources Authority.
7.3 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.4 Letter of Support for Rivanna River Basin Commission Grant to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation for project to develop Rivanna Watershed Action Plan.
7.5 2010 Planning Commission Annual Report.
7.6 2011 First Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Community Development Department.
7.7 2011 First Quarter Certificate of Occupancy Report as prepared by the Community Development Department.
7.8 2010 Annual Report of the Board of Zoning Appeals.
7.9 FY11 Third Quarter Financial Report.
7.10 Court Study - Documentation of Architectural/Engineering Selection Process.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|