1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
a. Proclamation recognizing the 35th Anniversary of AHIP.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. SP-2011-00012. Locally Grown Festival (Signs #62&64). PROPOSAL: Special Use Permit to allow a one-time music event for a maximum of 700 people between the hours of 1-9 p.m. in the fall of 2011. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2.42 Temporary events sponsored by local nonprofit organizations. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). LOCATION: 5152 Mount Juliet Farm, approximately one-half mile northwest of junction with White Hall Road (810). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 040000000026A1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall. (Deferred from September 7, 2011)
9. FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
10. WPOA-2011-00001. Water Protection. Amend Secs. B17-20717-209, Fees, 17-304, Review and approval of stormwater management/BMP plan, 17-310, Fees, B17-30617-321, Types of development which may be allowed in stream buffer by program authority, and B17-32217-322, Mitigation plan if development allowed in stream buffer, of Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code. The ordinance would reduce the fee for variances related to erosion and sediment control plans from $860 to a lesser amount (17-209), amend the procedures for reviewing stormwater management/BMP plans (“SWM plans”) (17-304) and mitigation plans (17-322), establish standards when inactive SWM plans and mitigation plans are deemed withdrawn and when approved plans expire (17-304, 17-322), eliminate the fee for certain SWM plan requests and reduce the fee for a mitigation plan from $860 to a lesser amount (17-310), and amend the regulations delineating the type of development allowed in the stream buffer (17-321). B17-215A
11. ACSA-2011-0003. Arlin Martin. To amend the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional area boundary to provide “water service to one single-family dwelling only” on Tax Map 56, Parcel 80, an approximately 0.9 acre parcel zoned RA, Rural Areas, located in an area designated as Rural Area in the Comprehensive Plan. White Hall District.
12. SP-2011-00004. Eagleburger Property AT&T CV352 Tier III PWSF (Signs #106&107). PROPOSED: A one hundred and fifty five (155) feet seven (7) inches tall tower with six flush mounted antennas within an existing non-conforming electric power tower and associated ground equipment. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas-; agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots. SECTION: 10.2.2 (48) which allows for Tier III personal wireless facilities in the RA Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas – Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: NO. LOCATION: 1450 Owensville RD [State Route 678]. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 05800-00-00-06600. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
13. SP-2010-00055. Southern Albemarle Intergenerational Center (SAIC) - Day Care; SP-2010-00056. Southern Albemarle Intergenerational Center (SAIC) - Community Center (Sign #57). PROPOSED: SP-2010-00055 - Southern Albemarle Intergenerational Center (SAIC) - Day Care: Child day care (50 children per day) and adult day care (80 adults per day) in new 12,000-square-foot building; SP-2010-00056 - Southern Albemarle Intergenerational Center (SAIC) - Community Center: Community center for dental clinic, community facilities and activities, within new 12,000 square building (same building as SP201000055). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: SP-2010-00055: 10.2.2.7 Day care, child care or nursery facility (reference 5.1.06). SP-2010-00056: 10.2.2.1 Community center (reference 5.1.04). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 2256 Irish Rd (Route 6), approximately 1 mile east of the intersection with Porters Rd (Route 627). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 128000000109A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
14. ZMA-2010-00009. Republic Capital Amendment (Sign #86). PROPOSED: Rezoning of a 20.54 acre site zoned LI Light Industry and HI Heavy Industry, which allows industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use), to amend proffers. No residential units are proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Industrial Service - warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Located on west side of Route 29N, at the intersection with Northside Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03200000002200. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
15. SP-2010-038. Badger Industrial (Sign #81). PROPOSED: Placement of fill in the floodplain to allow expanded use of industrially zoned property. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: LI - Light Industrial - industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use), EC Entrance Corridor - Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access, AIA - Airport Impact Area - Overlay to protect the airport and FH - Flood Hazard - Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: 30.3.05.2.2 (3), which allows filling of land in the floodway. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Industrial Service -- warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and Parks and Greenways - parks; greenways; playgrounds; pedestrian and bicycle paths in the Community of Piney Mountain. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: This fill is proposed adjacent to the North Fork of the Rivanna River at the former Badger Powhatan site. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03200-00-00-005B0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
16. Appeal: Planning Commission denial of Critical Slopes Waiver Request for SP-2010-038 – Badger Industrial Building.
10:45 a.m. – Action Items:
17. 10:45 a.m. - Town of Scottsville Request for Police Funding.
18. 11:05 a.m. – FY 13 VDOT Revenue Sharing Program, Request for Participation and Recommended Projects for Funding.
19. 11:25 a.m. - FY11/12 and FY 12/13 Revenue Update.
20. Closed Meeting.
21. Certify Closed Meeting.
22. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
1:30 p.m. – Presentation:
23. DIA Update, Phil Roberts, Chief of Field Support Activity.
24. Annual Update on Economic Vitality Action Plan.
25. Albemarle County Service Authority Quarterly Update, Gary O’Connell, Executive Director.
26. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority Quarterly Update, Tom Frederick, Executive Director.
27. Comprehensive Regional Water Supply Plan Resolution.
28. Board of Supervisors’ June 30, 2011 Strategic Plan Strategy Session Report.
29. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
30. Adjourn to October 12, 2011, 2:00 p.m., Room 241 p.m.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: September 21, 2010; May 4, July 13 and August 3, 2011.
7.2 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriation.
7.3 Brownfield Assessment EPA Grant Application.
7.4 Resolution of Intent to Amend County Code Section 18-4.18, Noise (Chapter 18, Zoning).
7.5 Set public hearing to consider Noise Regulations in Chapter 7 of the County Code (Chapter 7, Health and Safety).
7.6 “Watch for Child Playing” Signage for Reas Ford Lane.
7.7 Cancel Board of Supervisors October 12, 2011 night meeting.
7.8 VACo Credentials for 2011 Annual Business Meeting of the Virginia Association of Counties.
7.9 FY11 Preliminary End of Year Financial Report.
7.10 Board-to-Board Report for October 2011, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
7.11 VDoT Culpeper District – Albemarle County Monthly Report for October 2011.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|