1. Call to Order.
2. Joint Meeting with Planning Commission
3. Public Hearing: ZTA-2012-000__Special Exceptions – Add Sec. 31.8, Special Exceptions, to Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would add Sec. 31.8 to authorize the board of supervisors to consider and act on special exceptions, identify the matters to be considered in acting on special exceptions, authorize the board to impose reasonable conditions in approving special exceptions, require that the board act on special exceptions within 90 days after the date of the request or other period if considered concurrently with certain zoning and site plan applications, and identify how applications are made. The matters requiring a special exception include requests for waivers, modifications, variations or substitutions required to be acted upon by the planning commission or an administrative officer under the current regulations, and any decision required by this chapter to be acted upon by the planning commission under the current regulations, with “decision” being defined.
4. Work Session: Economic Vitality Action Plan Implementation Schedule:
a. Target Industry Study Results
b. Comprehensive Plan Update Schedule regarding LI and Interstate Interchange Policy
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda.
8. SDP-2011-00081. Verizon Wireless/Crossroads/Shifflett Property Tier II Personal Wireless Service Facility. PROPOSED: Request for extension of an existing wood monopole in order to support the attachment of a second vertical array with three new flush mounted antennas that will be located above existing antennas. The new proposed height of the existing monopole will be 94.2 feet, an 8.5 foot extension from the top of the existing antennas, and will be approximately 8.2 feet above the reference tree. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Village Residential (VR) 0.4 units/acre, and Entrance Corridor (EC) Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 10.2.1 (22) which allows for Tier II personal wireless facilities in the rural areas. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas in Rural Area 3 - Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 3456 Monacan Trail Rd. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 08700-00-00-007A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
9. PROJECT: ZMA-2011-00006. and SP-2011-00014. Albemarle Health and Rehab Center (Sign #28). PROPOSAL: Rezone 5.38 acres from R-1 zoning district which allows residential uses at a density of 1 unit per acre to PD-MC Planned Development Mixed Commercial zoning district which allows large-scale commercial uses; residential by special use permit at a density of 15 units/acre and special use permit under Section 24.2.2(7) of zoning ordinance for hospitals, nursing homes, convalescent homes uses. No dwellings proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Transitional – neighborhood-scale commercial uses, offices, townhouses and apartments (6.01-34 units/acre) and Urban Density Residential – residential (6.01-34 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office, and service uses and located in Neighborhood 4 in the Development Area. LOCATION: 91 Galaxie Farm Lane. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 09100000001200. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
11. Adjourn to February 24, 2012, 11:30 a.m., Room 241.
7.1 SDP-2011-00072. Moore’s Creek; Verizon Wireless Tier II Personal Wireless Service Facility (PWSF): Appeal of Planning Commission Denial of Tier II Permit.
7.2 SDP-2011-00074. Turner Mountain Road; Verizon Wireless Tier II Personal Wireless Service Facility (PWSF): Appeal of Planning Commission Denial of Tier II Permit.
7.3 SDP-2011-0011. Blue Ridge Swim Club-Site Plan Waiver – Request approval to waive requirement to submit site development plan.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|