1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing September 2012 as Alzheimer’s Month in Albemarle County.
b. Proclamation recognizing September 2012 as National Preparedness Month in Albemarle County.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:30 a.m. - Public Hearings:
9. SP-2011-00011. Lewis Bridge over Doyle’s River (Signs #92&95). PROPOSAL: Bridge crossing for driveway, fill for abutments, under sections 30.3.03.2, 30.3.05.2.1, 30.3.05.2.2, 184.108.40.206d6 of zoning ordinance. ZONING: FH Flood Hazard - Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources. Residential uses allowed at a density of 0.5 unit/acre in development lots. LOCATION: East side of Browns Gap Turnpike (Rt. 810) approximately 0.22 miles south of Slam Gate Road (Rt. 673). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 02700-00-00-006B0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
10. SP-2012-00009. Southwood Boys & Girls Club Expansion (Signs #84&85). PROPOSAL: Request to allow the expansion of the existing Community Center on approximately 1 acre. No dwellings proposed. ZONING: R-2 which allows residential uses at a density of 2 units/acre. Section 220.127.116.11 Community Center. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential – residential (3-6 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, and other small-scale non-residential uses in Development Area Neighborhood 5. LOCATION: Southwood Mobile Home Park. 387 Hickory Street. Northeast corner of the intersection of Hickory Street and Bitternut Lane. Hickory Street approximately 2,100 feet from the intersection of Old Lynchburg Road and Hickory Street. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 090A10000001D0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
11. SP-2012-00012. Regents School of Charlottesville (RSC) (Signs #81&82), PROPOSAL: Special Use Permit for School of Special Instruction. Utilize existing structure, no additional buildings proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: CO Commercial Office – offices, supporting commercial and service; residential by special use permit (15 units/acre). SECTION: Chapter 18 Section 23.2.2(6) of the Albemarle County Code, which allows for School of Special Instruction. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Area 1 - Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes LOCATION: 3045 Ivy Road Charlottesville VA TAX MAP/PARCEL: 05900-00-00-023G1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
12. ZTA- 2012-00009. Site Plan Process Improvements. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 32, Site Plans, 35.1, Fees, and 35.2, Calculation of fees in special circumstances, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would add and delete definitions (3.1), repeal existing site plan regulations (32.1 through 18.104.22.168) and add new site plan regulations in Sec. 32 pertaining to general provisions (32.1 et seq.), applicability (32.2 et seq.), administration (32.3 et seq.), procedures for submittal, review and action on site plans (32.4 et seq.), the form and content of initial site plans (32.5 et seq.), the form and content of final site plans (32.6 et seq.), minimum standards for improvements (32.7 et seq.), and the completion of on-site improvements and providing surety (32.8 et seq.). This ordinance also would amend Sec. 35.1 to add a $500 fee for pre-application plans but this fee would also be applied toward the initial site plan fee which remains unchanged from the current preliminary site plan fee, add a $240 fee for resubmitting a final site plan within 15 days after it has been disapproved for being incomplete, change references to fees from “preliminary” site plans to “initial” site plans, and change cross-references to revised section numbers to which fees pertain. This ordinance also would amend Sec. 35.2 to change references from “preliminary” site plans to “initial” site plans. The proposed fees are authorized by Virginia Code §§ 15.2-2241(9) and 15.2-2286(A)(6).
10:30 a.m. - Recess
13. 10:40 a.m. - Regional Legislative Program, David Blount.
14. 10:55 a.m. - 2013 Legislative Priorities.
15. 11:10 a.m. - Fire Rescue FEMA SAFER Grant Award.
16. 11:30 p.m. – Albemarle County Service Authority Quarterly Update, Gary O’Connell, Executive Director.
17. 11:45 p.m. – Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority Quarterly Update, Tom Frederick, Executive Director.
18. Closed Meeting.
19. Certify Closed Meeting.
20. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
21. 1:30 p.m. - Wireless Policy/Regulations Update.
22. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
23. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: July 11 and August 1, 2012.
8.2 Set public hearing on Ordinance to Amend the Open Burning provisions in Chapter 6, Fire Protection, of the County Code.
8.3 2012 Agricultural Disaster Declaration Resolution.
8.4 Resolution to accept road(s) in Ivy View Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Fray’s Grant Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.6 Resolution to accept road(s) in Montgomery Ridge Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.7 Resolution to accept Peter Jefferson Parkway Extended and Martha Jefferson Drive into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.8 FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.9 FY 2013 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.10 Resolution to Establish Policy for Constitutional Officer Employees Regarding Compensation, Benefits and Personnel Policies.
8.11 The Crossings at Fourth and Preston - Agreement between the County and Virginia Supportive Housing to provide interim funding for nine housing units at The Crossings.
8.12 Housing Choice Voucher Program - Administrative Plan.
8.14 Native Plant Database - Inclusion into the County’s Design Standards Manual.
8.15 VDOT – Culpeper District, Monthly Report for Albemarle County.
8.16 Board-to-Board, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
8.17 County Grant Application Report.
8.18 2012 Second Quarter Building Report.
8.19 2012 Second Quarter Certificate of Occupancy Report.
8.20 Revised 2011 Year End Building Report.
8.21 Revised 2011 Year End Certificate of Occupancy Report.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|