1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda.
9. Crozet Library First Floor Space Usage.
10. The Crossings at 4th and Preston.
11. Water Resources Program Development.
12. Closed Meeting.
13. Certify Closed Meeting.
14. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
1:30 p.m. - Presentation:
15. VDoT Monthly Report, Joel DeNunzio.
2:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
16. SP-2012-00032. Bellair CSA Barn (Sign # 90). PROPOSAL: Special events in and around existing barn. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas- agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) SECTION: 10.2.2.50, which allows for Special events (reference 5.1.43). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas in Rural Area 4 - Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 5363 Bellair Farm. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 11300-00-00-01000. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
17. Intent to adopt an ordinance to amend sections 4-100, Definitions, 4-108, Cruelty to animals; penalty and 4-218, Dangerous and Vicious Dogs, and to add section 4-219, Vicious Dogs, to Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance amends the processes for law enforcement, animal control officers and courts in dealing with dangerous and vicious dogs and increases the initial registration fee and annual registration fee of a dangerous dog to comply with recent amendments of Virginia Code §§ 3.2-6540, 3.2-6540.1, and 3.2-6570.
18. Intent to adopt an ordinance to amend Chapter 6, Fire Protection, of the Albemarle County Code by adding section 6-113, Physical examinations for firefighters and other operational members. The proposed ordinance directs the County to employ physicians to perform physical examinations of every salaried and volunteer fire fighter and other specified operational members of the coordinated fire and rescue system entering the service of the system to comply with the requirements of Virginia Code § 27-40.1:1.
19. Intent to adopt an ordinance to amend Chapter 10, Offenses-Miscellaneous, of the Albemarle County Code by amending section 10-123, Prohibited activities on public roadways and medians. The proposed ordinance would clarify the definitions of certain terms and the prohibitions on certain distributions, solicitations, and sales in the roadways and medians consistent with Virginia Code § 46.2-931.
20. Intent to adopt an ordinance to amend Article III, Dealers in Precious Metals, of Chapter 12, Regulated Enterprises, of the Albemarle County Code by amending section 12-308, Records, copies of bill of sales required; inspection, and section 12-311, Dealer to retain purchases. To comply with recent amendments of the Virginia Code, the proposed ordinance would require precious metals dealers to retain a digital image of the form of identification used by persons involved in each purchase of precious metals or gems, would increase from ten to fifteen the number of calendar days that precious metals dealers are required to retain certain precious metals and gems and the article from which any precious metals or gems were removed, and make other technical amendments necessary to conform with Virginia Code requirements.
21. FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
22. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
23. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. 3:00 p.m. - To receive statements from candidates seeking appointment as the Scottsville District representative on the Board of Supervisors.
25. Closed Meeting: Appointments.
26. Certify Closed Meeting.
27. Adjourn to July 10, 2013, 3:30 p.m.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: March 7, March 13 (Special), March 13(N), April 3, April 10(A) and April 10(N), 2013.
8.2 Proposed Lease of Interim Emergency Medical Facilities Station on Berkmar Drive to Service the Route 29 North area.
8.3 Resolution to Authorize Inmate Community Workforce Program.
8.4 FY 2013 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.5 Resolution to accept Timberwood Boulevard into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.6 Resolution to Appoint Robert Gilmer as Assistant Fire Marshal’s with Police Powers.
8.7 SUB-2013-067. Napier Subdivision - Special Exception from Building Site Requirement under County Code § 18-4.2.1(b).
8.8 ZMA-1979-00032. Briarwood Application Plan - Special Exception to allow variation from side yard setback.
8.9 Albemarle County Building Code Evaluation.
8.10 County Grant Application Report.
NEW: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|