1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Blake Abplanalp for County Coat Drive.
b. Colonel Martin Kumer, Superintendent, Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail.
c. Cal Morris – Meritorious Service Award.
d. Albemarle County Service Authority 50th Anniversary.
e. Municipal Clerks Week – May 4-10, 2014.
f. Public Service Recognition Week – May 4-10, 2014.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. - PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. Housing Choice Voucher Program 5-Year and Annual Plan. Five Year Plan for the administration of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Ron White, Chief of Housing.
10. Scottsville Community Center Lease. Boys and Girls Club Lease. Request by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia to lease 8,484 square feet of space from the County at the Scottsville Community Center, located at 250 Page Street, Scottsville, VA 24590 (TMP 130A2-00-00-07600). Bob Crickenberger, Director of Parks and Recreation.
11. SP-2013-000021. Rolkin Road Shops (Sign #112&113). (Rivanna Magisterial District) PROPOSAL: Allow for a drive-through window for a retail building on 1.672 acres. No dwellings proposed. ZONING: PD-MC - Planned Development Mixed Commercial; large-scale commercial uses; residential by special use permit (15 units/acre) under Section 18.25A.2.2.1 which allows for drive-through windows serving or associated with permitted uses ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Mixed Use – retail, commercial services, office, and a mix of residential types (6.01 – 34 units/acre). LOCATION: Southwestern corner of Rolkin Road and Abbey Road intersection approximately 300 feet south of the Rolkin Road and Richmond Road (Route 250) intersection. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 078000000075A0. Sarah Baldwin, Senior Planner.
12. SP-2013-00022. Verizon Wireless "Hydraulic Road" (Comcast Property) Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility. (Sign # 116). (Jack Jouett Magisterial District). PROPOSAL: Request for installation of 2 additional arrays each containing 3 flush mounted antennas on an existing 140 foot monopole and associated equipment. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas- agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots); EC Entrance Corridor – Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access; AIA Airport Impact Area – Overlay to minimize adverse impacts to both the airport and the surrounding land. SECTION: 10.2.2.48 Tier III personal wireless facilities. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas in Rural Area 1 -preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: YES. LOCATION: 1658 Earlysville Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 04500-00-00-016A0. Sarah Baldwin, Senior Planner.
13. WPTA-2014-00001. Water Protection Ordinance. Intent to adopt an ordinance that would comprehensively amend and reorganize Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code in order to implement the significantly revised Virginia Stormwater Management Act (Virginia Code § 62.1-44.15:24 et seq.), other related provisions of the State Water Control Law (Virginia Code § 62.1-44.2 et seq.), and the regulations of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality in 9VAC25-830 though 9VAC25-890. This ordinance would establish and amend: the procedures and requirements for erosion and sediment control and stormwater management during land disturbing activities; the procedures and requirements for post-construction stormwater management; fees for plan review, inspections, and other services; the rights and obligations of owners after plans and permits have been approved; and the procedures and requirements for compliance, maintenance, recordkeeping, reporting, inspecting, monitoring, and enforcement. The ordinance also would amend the County’s programs to establish and protect stream buffers, to prohibit illicit discharges and connections, to prohibit dumping, and to collect groundwater information in conjunction with County review of certain developments. Mark Graham, Director of Community Development, and Greg Kampter, Deputy County Attorney.
10:40 a.m. - Recess
10:55 a.m. – Action Items:
14. ZTA-2012-00010. Off-site Signs (deferred from April 2, 2014). Amanda Burbage, Senior Planner.
15. Review of County’s Priority List of Secondary Road Improvements and the VDOT Secondary Six-Year Plan. David Benish, Chief of Planning.
16. 12:00 noon - Closed Meeting.
17. Certify Closed Meeting.
18. 1:30 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
19. 1:35 p.m. - Quarterly CAT Presentation, John Jones.
20. 1:50 p.m. - 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan, Sarah Rhodes, MPO.
21. 2:05 p.m. - Update on FY 15 Budget Status. Lori Allshouse, Director of the Office of Management and Budget.
3:30 – 4:00 p.m. - Recess
22. 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update/Amendment, to begin with public comments and possible Board direction. Elaine Echols, Principal Planner.
23. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
25. Adjourn to May 14, 2014, 5:00 p.m., Auditorium.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: September 11 and October 9, 2013; and February 19, 2014.
8.2 FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.3 MicroAire Surgical Instrument LLC Performance Date Extension.
8.4 Zoning Text Amendment – Personal Wireless Service Facilities.
8.5 Road Improvement Priorities for Virginia’s Working Draft Fiscal Year 2015-2020 Six-Year Improvements Program (SYIP).
8.6 New Positions for Virginia Stormwater Management Program.
8.7 May 2014 VDOT Charlottesville Residency Monthly Report for Albemarle County.
8.8 FY 2014 Third Quarter Cash Proffer Report.
8.9 FY 14 General Fund Third Quarter Report; Revised FY 14 Revenue Projections Report; and Quarterly Economic Indicators Report.
8.10 2013 Annual Report of the Board of Zoning Appeals.
8.11 Regional Firearms Training Center Update.
8.12 Office of Facilities Development Capital Projects Status Report, First Quarter CY 2014.
8.13 Water Resources Funding Mechanism Consultant RFP/Statement of Needs.
8.14 County Grant Application/Award Report.
8.15 Board-to-Board, May, 2014 Monthly Communications Report from School Board.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|