1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Charles P. "Chip" Boyles, II, Executive Director, Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission.
b. 2013 (CAFR) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - Certificate of Achievement. Ryan Davidson, Budget and Management Analyst for the City of Charlottesville.
c. Crozet Library – LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification.
d. Rivanna Garden Club – Claudius Crozet Park biofilter, Phyllis Ripper.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. - PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of the members of the Board of Supervisors by an inflation factor of 1% effective July 1, 2014 from $15,131.00 per annum to $15,282.00 per annum.
10. An ordinance to amend sections 4-100, Definitions; 4-105, Care of companion animals; penalty, 4-106, Noise from animals; penalty, 4-107 Abandonment of animal; penalty, 4-201, Dogs killing, injuring or chasing livestock or poultry—Generally, 4-202, Compensation for livestock and poultry killed by dogs, 4-209, Amount of license tax, 4-302, Dogs killing, injuring or chasing livestock or poultry-Impoundment and disposition, 4-303, Disposition of unlicensed dogs; running at large, 4-401, Rabid animals, and 4-403, Inoculation for rabies at animal shelters, of Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance removes, amends and adds certain definitions and terms, increases the compensation for livestock killed or injured by dogs from $400 to $750, and provides that law enforcement and animal control officers can seize a dog found in the act of killing or injuring livestock or poultry in order to conform the County Code with recent amendments to Virginia Code §§ 3.2-6500, 3.2-6503, 3.2-6504, 3.2-6522, and 3.2-6523. Lt. Sean Reeves, Police Department.
11. An ordinance to amend section 15-1601 of Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would clarify the meaning of real property exclusively used for religious worship for purposes of property tax exemptions. The proposed ordinance would conform County Code § 15.1601 with recent amendments to Virginia Code § 58.1-3606. Bob Willingham, Real Estate Assessor.
10:15 a.m. – Recess
10:30 a.m. - Action Item:
12 FY 15 Resolution of Appropriations and Discussion of State Budget. Lori Allshouse, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
11:00 a.m. - Presentations:
13. Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Update, Gary O’Connell.
14. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) Update, Tom Frederick.
15. Dominion Power Report, Susan King, External Affairs Representative/State & Local Affairs/Dominion Virginia Power.
16. 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. - Closed Meeting.
17. Certify Closed Meeting.
18. 1:30 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
19. County Fire Rescue - Career firefighters serving as volunteers within the same jurisdiction, Chief Dan Eggleston, Fire Rescue.
20. Courts Project Follow-up, Trevor Henry, Director of the Office of Facilities Development.
21. Communication with Commonwealth Transportation Board regarding the Route 29 Recommended Concept Solutions Package.
Recess – 3:00 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
22. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update/Amendment, to begin with public comments and possible Board direction. Elaine Echols, Principal Planner.
23. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
25. Adjourn to June 5, 2014, 5:00 p.m., Closed Meeting, Room 241.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: August 28, October 10, and December 12, 2013; and February 5, February 12, March 19, March 27, April 10, April 24 and May 13, 2014.
8.2 FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.3 Set public hearing on Proposed Ordinance to establish a Video-Monitoring System for School Buses.
8.4 Change Board of Supervisors’ Regular Night Meeting Time for 2014 Calendar.
8.5 Western Albemarle Rescue Squad Memorandum of Understanding for Participation in Cost Recovery Program.
8.6 Cost Recovery Program – Insurance-Only Billing for County Residents.
8.7 Fire Services Agreement Between the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County.
8.8 Petty Cash Resolution.
8.9 ZTA-2012-00010. Off-site signs (deferred from May 7, 2014).
8.10 Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Employer Contribution Rate Election Resolutions.
8.11 Board-to-Board, June 2014, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
8.12 VDOT Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report, June 2014.
8.13 Grants Update.
8.14 Biannual Update on FY13-17 Strategic Plan.
8.15 2014 First Quarter Certificate of Occupancy Report as prepared by the Community Development Department.
8.16 2014 First Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Community Development Department.
8.17 Copy of letter dated May 21, 2014 from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, to Roger W. Ray, Roger W. Ray and Assoc., Inc., re: LID-2014-0004-OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 54, Parcel 26 (property of Thomas E. Ruscher Trustee of The Barbara B. Ruscher Family Trust) – White Hall Magisterial District.
8.18 Copy of letter dated May 23, 2014 from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, to Stewart Wright, re: LOD-2014-0002-OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 92, Parcel 21 (property of Mary Pauline Johnson and Doris Phyllis Jackson) – Scottsville Magisterial District.
8.19 Copy of letter dated May 23, 2014 from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, to Brian s. Ray, Roger W. Ray and Assoc., Inc., re: LOD-2014-0003-OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 122, Parcel 12B (property of Gwynne B. Daye Trustee of The Gwynne B. Daye Revocable Trust), Tax Map 122, Parcel 12B1 (property of William or Melissa Dickie), Tax Map 122, Parcel 12B2 (property of Gwynne B. Daye Trustee of the Gwynne B. Daye Revocable Trust) – Scottsville Magisterial District.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|