1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Larry Davis, County Attorney, Local Government Attorney's (LGA's) Edward J. Finnegan Distinguished Service Award.
b. House Joint Resolution 363 (2014 Session) to honor Dennis Rooker for his service on the Board of Supervisors. (Delegate Steve Landes)
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (for approval-action required).
9. Consent Agenda (for information-no action).
1:45 p.m. - Action Items:
10. 2015 Legislative Priorities. (Larry Davis, County Attorney)
11. Transportation Planner Position. (Mark Graham, Director of Community Development)
12. Long Range Solid Waste Solutions Advisory Committee – Public Engagement Plan. (Leo Mallek, Committee Chair)
13. Appropriation of funds received from VDOT for the condemnation of a portion of CATEC Property used for the Meadowcreek Parkway. (Lori Allshouse, Director of the Office of Management and Budget)
3:00 p.m. – Work Session:
14. Broadband Update. (Michael Culp, Director of Information Technology/Bill Fritz, Chief of Special Projects/Vincent Scheivert, Director of Accountability, Research and Technology)
15. 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Closed Meeting (2nd floor meeting room).
16. Certify Closed Meeting.
17. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
5:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Work Session:
18. Five Year Financial Plan. (Lori Allshouse)
19. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
20. Ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 2, Administration, Article XI, Personnel, Division 3, Deferred Compensation, Section 2-1108, Establishment, execution and amendment of plan, to remove the provision that designates the National Association of County’s Deferred Compensation Program as the County’s deferred compensation program. The proposed amendment would also re-adopt and re-establish the County’s plan of deferred compensation for its employees, and would update the applicable section of the Virginia Code referenced in the County’s ordinance. (Bill Letteri, Deputy County Executive)
21. CPA-2014-00001. Route 29-Hydraulic Road Official Map. Ordinance Re-Adopting and Modifying U.S. Route 29 and Hydraulic Road Official Map – Ordinance to re-adopt and modify an official map originally adopted December 2, 2009 under Virginia Code § 15.2-2233 et seq., depicting, within the vicinity of the northwest quadrant of the U.S. Route 29 and Hydraulic Road intersection, the location, centerlines, and existing and future right-of-way widths of the legally established segments of U.S. Route 29 and Hydraulic Road abutting and on County Tax Map and Parcel Numbers 61W-03-19A and 61W-03-25. The ordinance and map would be amended to identify the current tax map and parcel numbers, but the location, centerlines, and existing and future right-of-way widths would be the same as adopted on December 2, 2009, except as modified to remove rights-of-way dedicated to public use and improvements constructed since December 2, 2009. (Greg Kamptner, Deputy County Attorney)
22. Natural Heritage Committee Annual Report. (Lonnie Murray, Committee Chair)
23. Local Ebola Preparation Update:
a. TJ Health District. (Dr. Charles Devine, Interim Health Director, and Ryan McKay, Emergency Planner)
b. University of Virginia. (Dr. Costi Sifri and Nurse Beth Mehring)
24. Route 29 Solutions Project.
a. Project Update. (Mark Graham)
b. Communications. (Lee Catlin, Assistant County Executive, and Chip Boyles, Director, Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission)
25. Peer Market Survey Review. (Jane Dittmar)
26. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
FOR APPROVAL (by recorded vote):
8.1 Approval of Minutes: November 13, 2013; February 24, May 7, May 14 and June 11, 2014.
8.2 FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriation. (Lori Allshouse)
8.3 FY 2015 Budget Amendment and Appropriations. (Lori Allshouse)
8.4 FY 13/14 ACE Easement Appraisals and Purchases. (Ches Goodall)
8.5 Northside Library Lease Extension. (Bill Letteri/Trevor Henry)
8.6 SDP-2014-00060. Farmington Country Club. (Christopher P. Perez)
8.7 FY16 VDOT Revenue Sharing Program Participation. (David Benish)
8.8 SDP-2014-00056. Regional Firearms Training Center. (Rachel Falkenstein)
8.9 SUB-2014-00116. John C. Fisher Rural Subdivision. (Rachel Falkenstein)
8.10 VACo 2014 Annual Meeting Voting Credentials. (Ella Jordan)
8.11 Adoption Worker Position. (Kathy Ralston)
FOR INFORMATION (no vote necessary):
9.1 Quarterly Capital Report. (Trevor Henry)
9.2 County Grant Application/Award Report. (Lori Allshouse)
9.3 School Board to Board, School Board Chairman.
9.4 FY 2015 1st Quarter Cash Proffer Report. (Rebecca Ragsdale)
9.5 Domestic Violence Fatality Review Program Report. (John Zug)
9.6 VDOT Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report, October 2014.
9.7 Strategic Prevention Framework-State Incentive Grant (SPF-SIG). (Ron White)
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|