3:30 P.M. – Room 241
1. Call to Order.
2. Joint Meeting with School Board
a. School Five Year Financial Plan. (Dean Tistadt, Chief Operating Officer)
b. FY 16 Capital Project Requests for FY 16-20 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). (Trevor Henry, Director of the Office of Facilities Development)
c1. Town Hall Check-in.
c2. Work Groups Report-out
1. Legislative Agendas. (Jane Dittmar, Ned Gallaway, Jason Buyaki)
2. Public Communication Process. (Steve Koleszar)
3. Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). (Diantha McKeel, Liz Palmer)
4. Funding Responsibilities Outside K-12. (Ned Gallaway, Jane Dittmar, Ann Mallek)
5. Budget Book Common Format. (Kate Acuff)
3. 5:30 p.m. - Recess.
6:00 P.M. – Lane Auditorium
4. Reconvene and Call to Order Night Meeting
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. Adoption of Final Agenda.
8. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Paul Coleman, Outstanding Conservation Farmer.
b. Sheriff Department – Reaccreditation.
c. Proclamation recognizing Charles E. “Mo” Stevens.
10. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
11. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
12. SP-2013-00023. Buck Mountain Episcopal Church Addition (Sign #1). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03100000003500. LOCATION: 4133 Earlysville Road. PROPOSAL: Request to amend the application plan for SP1996-037 for an addition onto the fellowship hall of the existing church. PETITION: Churches by Special Use Permit under Section 12.2.2 of the Zoning Ordinance. ZONING: VR Village Residential- residential at 0.7 units/acre; churches by special use permit. Airport Impact Area (AIA)- Overlay to minimize adverse impacts to both the airport and the surrounding land. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas- preserve and protect agricultural, forestall, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) in Rural Area 1. (Megan Yaniglos, Senior Planner)
13. PROJECT: ZMA-2013-00016. Avinity II (Sign 67. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville. TAX MAP/PARCELS: 091000000016A0, 091000000016C0, 091000000016E0, 09100000001400(portion). LOCATION: 2085 Avinity Loop which intersects Route 742 Avon Street Extended; Rezoning also includes properties adjacent to Route 20 Scottsville Road. PROPOSAL: Rezone a total of 11.886 acres to permit development of 102 maximum residential units, including townhouses and attached and detached single family. Avinity I Phase portion proposed to be amended to replace 24-unit condominium building with a maximum of eight townhouses. PETITION: Rezone 11.886 acres from R1 Residential zoning district which allows residential density (1 unit/acre) to Planned Residential District (PRD) which allows residential (3-34 units/acre) with limited commercial uses. Also, request to amend the section of the application plan for Avinity I Phase IV from approved ZMA2006-005 zoned PRD. 102 maximum residential units proposed for a density of 9 units per acre. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Density Residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses in Neighborhood 4. (Megan Yaniglos)
14. 14-03(2) – Agricultural and Forestal Districts - Ordinance to amend Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code, to add lands to a certain district and to make corrections to certain district regulations to identify all those tax map parcels within the districts, as specified below:
a) AFD 2014-4. Keswick AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-219, Keswick Agricultural and Forestal District, to continue the district for all parcels identified in the district regulations, to set the next district review deadline date of November 12, 2024, and to remove any parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance;
b) AFD 2014-5. Kinloch AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-220, Kinloch Agricultural and Forestal District, to identify TMP 65-121A1 as no longer being in the district (this parcel was combined with another parcel in the district), to continue the district for all parcels identified in the district regulations, to set the next district review deadline date of November 12, 2024, and to remove any parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance;
c) AFD 2014-6. Moorman’s River AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-222 Moorman’s River Agricultural and Forestal District, to identify TMP’s 41-72E, 41-72F, and 42-41B as being in the district (these parcels were created by subdivision of other parcels in the district); to identify TMP’s 28-25(part) and 29-15D(part) as being in the district (land from other parcels in the district was added to these parcels, the remainders of which are not in the district); to identify TMP’s 28-37, 29-8H, 41-68, 42-7, 42-8A, and 42-8B as no longer being in the district (land from these parcels was added to other parcels in the district); to continue the district for all parcels identified in the district regulations, to set the next district review deadline date of November 12, 2024, and to remove any parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance; and
d) AFD 2014-7. Hardware AFD – Addition. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-214, Hardware Agricultural and Forestal District, to add TMP 88-3R to the district. (Scott Clark, Senior Planner)
15. ZTA- 2014-00001. Agricultural operations and farm breweries. Ordinance amending Secs. 18-3.1, Definitions, 18-5.1.25, Farm winery, 18-5.1.47, Farm stands, farm sales and farmers markets, 18-10.2.1, By right (Rural Areas district (RA)), 18-10.2.2, By special use permit (RA), 18-11.3.1, By right uses (Monticello Historic district (MHD)), 18-11.3.2, By special use permit (MHD), and Sec. 18-31.5, Zoning clearance, and adding Secs. 18-5.1.47, Farm breweries, and 18-5.1.58, Events and activities at agricultural operations, to Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 18-3.1 by amending and adding definitions pertaining to agriculture, farm wineries, farm breweries, and events and activities at agricultural operations (“ag operations”), amend Sec. 18-5.1.25, by requiring farm wineries established on and after the effective date of this ordinance to obtain a zoning clearance prior to generating outdoor amplified music; amend Sec. 18-5.1.47, by moving the regulation of farm sales from that section to new Sec. 18-5.1.58; add Sec. 18-5.1.57 (farm breweries) and 18-5.1.58 (ag operations), by establishing regulations applicable to those respective uses by delineating the uses, events and activities (“uses”) allowed by right and by special use permit, the requirements for establishing those uses, substantial impact thresholds of 200 visitors at any time (farm breweries) or acreage, vehicle trips per day, visitors at any time, and structure size (ag operations), sound generation from outdoor amplified music, minimum yards and other health and safety matters; and prohibiting restaurants and helicopter rides; amend Secs.18-10.2.1, 18-10.2.2, 18-11.3.1 and 18-11.3.2 by adding farm brewery and ag operation uses, events and activities as being allowed by right or by special use permit as provided in Secs. 18-5.1.57 and 18-5.1.58, respectively; amend Sec. 18-31.5, by providing for a zoning clearance for certain events and activities at ag operations as provided in Sec. 18-5.1.58, and make technical changes to sections being amended. (Mandy Burbage, Senior Planner)
16. To receive comments on the request to granting in fee simple to the Commonwealth of Virginia a portion of that real property owned by the County located at the intersection of Old Trail Drive and Jarmans Gap Road (Parcel ID 055E0-00-00-000A1). The portion being considered for conveyance contains 0.684 acres, more or less. The parcel conveyed will be used as a stormwater management facility that will be maintained by the Commonwealth. (Larry Davis, County Attorney)
17. To receive comments on the request to grant a temporary construction easement and two temporary stormwater management and use easements to March Mountain Properties, LLC on the Old Trail Park property owned by the County located along the southern property boundary adjacent to Claremont Lane and identified as Parcel ID 055E0-01-00-000H0. (Larry Davis)
18. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
19. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
FOR APPROVAL (by recorded vote):
11.1 Approval of Minutes:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|