1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. 2014 Virginia Association of Counties/Virginia Municipal League (VACO/VML) Go Green Virginia Challenge Award.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (for approval-action required).
9. Consent Agenda (for information-no action).
1:45 p.m. - Action Items:
10. FY 14 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). (David Hughes, CPA, Audit Manager from Robinson, Farmer, Cox Associates (RFCA).
11. Report on the Economic Viability of Using the Ivy Materials Utilization Center as a Transfer Station and Consideration of Near Term Solid Waste Service Options. (Doug Walker, Deputy County Executive)
12. Consideration to Support Legislation - DNA Database Expansion.
3:30 p.m. - Presentations:
13. VDOT Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report. (Joel DeNunzio)
14. Route 29 Solutions Project.
a. Project Update. (Mark Graham, Director of Community Development)
b. Route 29 Solutions Business Assistance Program. (Lee Catlin, Assistant County Executive)
15. 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Closed Meeting (2nd floor meeting room).
16. Certify Closed Meeting.
17. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
5:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Work Session:
18. Five Year Financial Plan. (Lori Allshouse)
19. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
20. SP-2014-00013. Broadway Street Soccer (Indoor). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 07700-00-00-040J0, 07700-00-00-04-K0, 07700-00-00-04-L0. LOCATION: 1740 Broadway Street. PROPOSAL: Establishment of an indoor soccer training facility within an existing building. PETITION: Request for an indoor athletic facility [Section 22.2.1(b)(24)] permitted via Section 26.2 as a "general commercial use." No dwelling units proposed. ZONING: LI-Light Industry - industrial, office, and limited commercial uses; no residential use. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Industrial Service – warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 4 of the Development Area. (Claudette Grant, Senior Planner)
21. Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Quarterly Report. (Gary O’Connell, Executive Director)
22. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) Quarterly Report. (Tom Frederick, Executive Director)
23. Board Rules of Procedures. (Jane Dittmar)
a. Policy on Presentations and Reports to Board from Organizations/Boards and Committees.
b. Draft Policy on Proclamations and Recognitions.
24. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
25. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
26. Adjourn to December 4, 2014, 12:00 noon, Room 241.
FOR APPROVAL (by recorded vote):
8.1 Approval of Minutes: November 13, 2013.
8.2 SDP-2014-00063. Bojangles at Rivanna Ridge – Special Exception. (Ellie Ray)
8.3 Schedule public hearing to consider adoption of Ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 12, Article I, False Alarms. (Steve Sellers)
8.4 Proposed Revision to Personnel Policy §P-25, (Lorna Gerome)
8.5 SDP-2014-00054. Glenmore Ground Storage Water Tank, Pump Station, and Water Mains - Special Exception. (Chris Perez)
FOR INFORMATION (no vote necessary):
9.1 County Grant Application/Award Report. (Lori Allshouse)
9.2 Board-to-Board, December 2014, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
9.3 FY 15 General Fund Q1 Report; Revised FY 15 Revenue Projections Report; and Quarterly Economic Indicators Report. (Jacob Sumner and Steve Allshouse)
9.4 Short-Term Pre-School Interim Report. (Kathy Ralston)
9.5 Copy of letter dated October 28, 2014, from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, to Lindsay H. Kidd, re: LOD2014-00010 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 115, Parcel 27A (Property of Elsie K. Londeree, Estate) – Scottsville Magisterial District.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|